Des Moines-Western Suburbs (DSMWest) Chapter
Our mission is to educate, equip, and empower women. We do this by providing opportunities to learn awareness and safe gun-handling skills, all in a friendly and fun environment. We will help to hone the skills of those who are already familiar with firearms. This is a wonderful opportunity to form new friendships and enjoy the sisterhood of The Well Armed Woman.
“TWAW Shooting Chapters” is a non-profit (501c) organization that organizes local groups of women around the country that meet monthly to practice, learn, and grow as shooters. These chapters introduce issues that are important to women shooters. Come learn safe gun handling skills, gain confidence and situational awareness, and train with other women in a supportive environment.
We meet the 2nd Thursday of each month. Check in between 5:30 and 6pm. Meeting 6-7pm (Topics vary). Chapter members may shoot from 7-8pm.
* Women 21 years or older of all experience levels
* Women who are just getting started with buying, shooting, and caring for firearms, and want to learn in a comfortable environment
* Women who have some level of experience and want to advance their skills
* Women who want to share their knowledge and expertise to help other women
* Women who want to have fun, and enjoy learning and shooting in the company of other women.
To expand the world of firearms to women all over the country in a safe, non-threatening way with the purpose of Educating, Equipping and Empowering woman shooters.
* Educating women on firearm safety, gun care, and handling
* Developing gun handling skills
* Building defensive gun skills and awareness
* Developing confidence
* Networking with women of like interests
* Meeting new people/socializing
Rangemasters Training Center
10520 Hickman Drive Clive, IA 50325
What costs are involved?:
* Annual dues to join the DSMWest Chapter of TWAW are $50 annually. Membership and payments are processed through the TWAW national organization at The Well Armed Woman Website.
* A requested donation of $10 per meeting is greatly appreciated. These donations fund our local chapter.
Benefits of Joining:
* 10% discount on ALL purchases made on The Well Armed Woman website ALL year! The Well Armed Woman Store
* The Well Armed Woman Shooting Chapter Hat
* The Well Armed Woman Gun Basics For Women DVD
* The Well Armed Woman Shooting Chapter Member Card
* Education Topics on Home Security, Firearm Safety, Gun Care and Handlling Skills, and much more.
* Guided shooting instruction at every meeting, targets included.
* Rangemasters Training Center offers additional discounts to our chapter members, including discounted range time outside of our regular meetings.
* Wonderful friendships! Meet and network with like-minded women.
To learn more, please contact DSMWest.TWAW@gmail.com